While moving to the cloud has become a trend amongst businesses, a quick decision can easily turn into a costly mistake! In fact, some businesses hear about the benefits of cloud computing and decide to go 100% to the cloud, however, this approach is almost always unsuccessful. On the other hand, a hybrid cloud approach offers many advantages, from optimizing costs to enhancing flexibility, most businesses will benefit from a hybrid cloud approach as opposed to moving 100% to the cloud.
Looking to Take Productivity to the Next Level? Don’t Make the Costly Mistake of Moving 100% to the Cloud!
In the simplest terms, cloud computing means storing and accessing data and programs via the Internet, instead of storing and accessing them on your computer’s hard drive. When you choose to move to a 100% cloud approach, you’re moving all of your applications, email, and file sharing systems to the cloud. As a result, you’re risking the potential loss of productivity and profitability due to:
- Lack of security: When there’s no file server in place, it’s hard to manage various users in terms of security and confidentiality.
- Potential downtime: When everything’s stored in the cloud, you’re facing serious downtime in the event of an Internet connection issue.
- Reduced control: If you’re leveraging a public cloud, you’re bound to lose some control over your data and applications.
Fortunately, there’s a better alternative: when you choose to move to a hybrid cloud approach, wherein you’re using a mix of on-premise and cloud-based solutions, you’re able to benefit from:
- Increased security: The hybrid cloud environment offers a higher level of security in a cost-efficient manner.
- Enhanced flexibility: The hybrid cloud environment makes it simple to introduce new services and functionalities.
- Optimized costs: The hybrid cloud environment can easily be configured and scaled as needed to reduce operational expenditure.
Ready to switch to a flexible, cost-efficient hybrid cloud environment? Give us a call at (613) 634-8125 or send us an email at email@example.com to learn more, or to schedule a complimentary assessment of your cloud needs. OnServe is the preferred cloud support and cloud consulting company for businesses in Kingston, Ottawa and Eastern Ontario.