There are a number of smart and inventive ways to market your business – think about where your audience spends a great deal of their time.
It’s not a leap to say that email is the easiest and possibly most effective way to reach your business audience.
Sure, it may not be as fancy as newer social media techniques, but e-mail marketing shouldn’t be ignored. It gets to your customers directly, rather than waiting for them to come to you. Plus, it’s cost-effective which means your budget will be virtually untouched.
When you’re turning to email marketing, here are a few tips.
- Make use of an email marketing service to ensure your emails are always professional and that your contact list is well maintained. One option is MailChimp, which has a great drag-and-drop email builder that’s easy-to-use. Their customer support is great and they offer features like drip campaigns, A/B testing, and segmented lists.
- Always remember quality over quantity. It’s best to build your list over time and really engage customers rather than going after large groups who probably won’t even read your mail.
- Pay attention to the rules! Canada has an anti-spam law that dictates everyone on your email list must have chosen to receive messages from you. You must also always include an “unsubscribe” link in your emails.
- Think of how your audiences check their email – are you accounting for mobile devices? Make sure your email marketing is optimized for mobile user.
- Track your progress! You can easily integrate your email campaigns with tracking and reporting programs such as Google Analytics. You’ll be able to examine what’s working and what isn’t so that you can become more effective with each campaign.
Remember that emails are essentially, your audience is checking them multiple times a day, so if you play your cards right you’ve got great odds of reaching them. Paying attention to stats and ensuring that you’re sending out interesting, useful content will make your campaigns a success.
For more tips and tricks that will help your business thrive, contact OnServe at email@example.com or by phone at (613) 634-8125.